Sunday, April 13, 2008

Monkey Cape- update....




Getting materials ready
My own bias
The pillowcase effect
Tucks and pleats
Finished product





I have not written about my latest fiasco. I recently showed the beautiful fabric I purchased to make capes for a few of Ella's friend. I took it to school to show a friend, where I am positive I set it down and forgot about it. Well I am pretty good about retracing my steps but after 3 weeks the fabric was still missing. I had a message placed in the announcements- which was read everyday for a week. It was pretty embarrassing but also very funny when kids and teachers alike would ask me why someone would steal my fabric and I received all sorts of questions about why I even had a bag of fabric. I am pretty sure it was just thrown away or it will mysteriously appear towards the end of the year, when some clueless 6th grader finally cleans out his/her locker and remembers my crazy announcement from 3 months ago.

Anyways, I have completed Grace's sock monkey cape. I think it turned out pretty well! I did not edge the applique "G" because I was not sure how it would look in reverse. I made the bias from donated scraps from Jess S. and I used much more of a pillowcase format this time around- which is different from the others I have made- and I must say, much much much easier!





1 comment:

Nora said...

Love, love, LOVE the cape... and the blog!