Thursday, August 20, 2009

Letter to my Little Girl


Ella,

These are the best times. Your innocent times. Time to live. Time to grow. To take the time to enjoy the sights and sounds of life. To be fascinated by the world around you. A time of few worries and few judgements. A time when you are able to find some good in everyone and everything around you. Hopefully you take your love of others, love of self and love for life with you forever.

Your spirit is awesome. I am in
awe of you. You choose to be you, not concerned of what others think. Always wanting to experience the new, not afraid of the challenges that have been placed before you. I was so honored to walk with you today on your first day of school. You gave me strength during that walk. All of my doubts and fears washed away by your confidence. Oh what confidence! Soon that confidence will take you on to big things and ultimately away from me. Hopefully you will cherish these days and remember the times like this morning when you have moved on, or are feeling down, or think that I am the worst person in the world, which you will.

You were named for two
very strong women, I see that strength in you today. I hope you forever remember that I will always be there for you, to fight for you, to support you, to hug you, to love you. You are a blessing. You are a joy. Set your sights high and then blow them out of the water. Most importantly, be you and hold on to this spirit that you have been blessed with forever!

One day, if you choose to get married, I hope that I will get the honor to
take you on another big walk. And hopefully you will once again give me the strength that you gave me today. I am honored to be able to watch you grow up and see you face down the challenges in your life. Hopefully in some little way, through the days of your life, I will be able to give you a fraction of the strength that you have given me. Remember that I will always be there for you and will always love you forever.

You will always be my little girl.

Love,
Daddy

**Guest blogger today!
(I am crying!)



No comments: