Thursday, June 11, 2009

Buttons Buttons Buttons







Inspirations strikes me in different ways. This is a lot of inspiration as well as a lot of nostalgia. My grandmother always had a jar of random buttons I found great to sift through and sort out.

I ran across an ad on Craigslist (my new favorite place!) of a woman with a lot of buttons and she asked for an offer. I offered her $20 for half. She and I played a little cat and mouse and a month later she brought the buttons to my house for me to choose what I wanted. Needless to say I was completely overwhelmed and in awe of this massive and incredible collection. I easily chose all the pretty colors and unique ones. Ella came out and began to sort away fro a couple of hours that afternoon.



She made a jar of her favorites and labeled it with her name. Sound familiar to anyone? It does to me! The colors are incredible! I really can't wait to create some project with these.



She also had a bag with trims and bias. It is old stuff and I will find ways to put it to use! She even said she would look to see if she has more as she doesn't sew and won't use it. I am in love! What a great day it was! Now I need time to create- I am really inspired.

No comments: