Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spiders Beware!

My daughter is 3 1/2 and sleeps in my room. It's not like we wanted it to happen- it just kinda did. She had not been allowed in the bed for some time and she sleeps on the floor next to my side of the bed or as she calls it , "Down Low". Every night se begins in her bed but in the middle of the night she ends up in our room, "Down Low".

Well late last night, she suddenly was up in our bed crying and completely freaked by a large spider under our bed, right by her, that was making some noise. Now I am pretty certain there was no large spider under my bed but her body was shaking and crying so hard that we did not quite know what to do. She refused to lay back down on the floor and insisted on sleeping in our bed- which my husband and I agreed it not an option. So her only other choice was her room. It took much coaxing and helping but she finally fell asleep and spend the whole (gasp) night in her room. It has been 2 nights now and she will not even enter our room.

Now if I had known all I needed to get her to sleep in her bed was a spider, I would have done this a long time ago. It is such a crazy thing however since I pride myself in being nice to spiders and I model it for my kids every chance I get. I carry spiders outside. I show and name all the spiders I find in my garden. Lots of good it did because right now she has a full blown arachniphobia!

No comments: